* Do you give free estimates?
* What measurements do I need to know for a new door?
WIDTH AND HEIGHT OF THE OPENING AND THE ACTUAL DOOR
* How much does a garage door cost?
TYPICALLY BETWEEN 600 TO 1000 DEPENDING ON THE DOOR SIZE, MODEL, FEATURES
* Should I use a professional installer?
ALWAYS! OVERHEAD DOORS CAN CAUSE SEVERE INJURY SO BEWARE OF UNLICENSED AND UNINSURED COMPANIES. FOR GARAGE DOOR REPAIR IN ROSEVILLE, CA CALL SENTRY OVERHEAD DOOR.
* What are the benefits of a steel door vs. wood door?
WHILE WOOD LOOKS NICER IT DOES REQUIRE A LOT OF MAINTENANCE WHERE AS STEEL LAST A LONG TIME WITH LITTLE MAINTENANCE AND IS A FRACTION OF THE COST.
* Do I need an insulated door?
DEPENDS, ARE THE REST OF THE GARAGE WALLS INSULATED? IF THEY ARE THEN YES, INSULATE! IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE.
* What happens to my old door?
WE HAUL IT AWAY TO THE STEEL RECYLERS OR THE DUMP IF ITS WOOD.
* What is headroom and what is the minimum for a sectional overhead door?
THE HEAD ROOM IS THE AMOUNT OF ROOM YOU HAVE FROM THE TOP OF THE DOOR OPENING TO THE LOWEST POINT IN THE CIELING. WE USUALY REQUIRE 10 TO 12 INCHES AS A MINIMUM BUT WE CAN MODIFY THE TRACKS TO ALLOW LOWER HEAD ROOM. WE ALSO INSTALL LOW HEADROOM TRACKS.
* Are special door sizes available?
WE CAN CUT JUST ABOUT AND WIDTH BUT HEIGHTS ARE LIMITED TO ONLY 3 INCH INCREMENTS.
* How long will it take to get my new garage door?
MOST DOORS ARE IN STOCK.
* What do I need to do to prepare my garage for your technicians?
IF WE ARE INSTALLING a new door then we need a clear 10 feet back from the opening and the driveway cleared
* Does a lower number for the gauge of steel mean that it is thicker?
* Which is better... Torsion or extension?
* Can I use my existing opener on a new door?
Not in California. On July 1st 2019 Governor Newsom signed AB 969 that mandates all new installs to have a battery back up opener for fire egress.
* How qualified and trained are your technicians?
We do extensive training in our training center which includes hands on and verbal/written learning then we have all new hire do ride along with field training techs until they are fully proficient.
* My door makes a lot of noise. Should I be concerned?
Yes, noise can indicate excessive wear and strain.
* Do you take credit cards or checks?
* What is the warranty?
We have many warranties available.
* What kind of doors and openers do you repair?
All kinds including residential, commercial and industrial.
* How do I know if my door is properly balanced?
Call us and we can do a balance test over the phone.
* How do I replace and program my Liftmaster remote control?
Call us and we will try to help.
* When I replace my existing door, can I keep my old track?
We do not usually recommend this.